Ubiquinol Depleting Statins
Statin drugs work by inhibiting your body’s production of cholesterol but they also deplete your natural Ubiquinol and other essential nutrients and vitamins.
CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) is one of the most popular heart health supplements used by those taking statin medications to lower their cholesterol. Studies have shown Ubiquinol is the best way to restore healthy levels of CoQ10.
The most common side effect of statins is myalgia (muscle pain). Studies have shown that statin induced deficiency of CoQ10 may be related to statin myopathy [2-4].
Research shows supplementing with Ubiquinol may also help to reduce mild-to-moderate statin-related muscular pain.
In one study of Ubiquinol supplementation over a six-month period, there was a statistically significant reduction in muscle pain and sensitivity by 53.8 percent. CoQ10 levels can also improve, and in a particular study increased by more than 194 percent. 
- Harper CR, Jacobson TA: The broad spectrum of statin myopathy: from my¬algia to rhabdomyolysis. Curr Opin Lipidol, 2007; 18: 401–8
- Wyman M, Leonard M, Morledge T: Coenzyme Q10: a therapy for hyper¬tension and statin-induced myalgia? Cleve Clin J Med, 2010; 77: 435–42
- Marcoff L, Thompson PD: The role of coenzyme Q10 in statin-associated myopathy: a systematic review. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2007; 49: 2231–37
- Skarlovnik A, Janic M, Lunder M, Turk M, Sabovic M. Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation Decreases Statin-Related Mild-to-Moderate Muscle Symptoms: A Randomized Clinical Study. Med Sci Monit, 2014; 20:2183-2188.
- Zlatohlavek, L, et al. The effect of coenzyme Q10 in statin myopathy. Neuroendocrinol Letters, 2012; 33: 98-101
This website is accessible from many geographical locations, and the information that it provides regarding Ubiquinol™ is not applicable to nor intended to satisfy the requirements of all countries. Kaneka Pharma Europe supplies Ubiquinol™ as a raw material to companies that produce a variety of Ubiquinol™-containing products. Kaneka Pharma Europe does not make any claims regarding the use of these finished products and each manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that the claims made for and use of its products comply with the regulatory requirement of the locations in which it markets its products.